Thursday, January 21, 2016

Castle Greyhawk: The Tide Turns

Greetings fans of Greyhawk! Today is the day I promote the latest episode of our ongoing Castle Greyhawk graphic novel. Check out page thirty-five to see some manic monster melee manuscripted by Scott Casper. On our site you can also check the archives and follow the entire Castle Greyhawk story from the very beginning.

Artist's Commentary: The battle has taken a turn in favor of the heroes! The more I draw this encounter the more I've learned about dragon anatomy and keeping a consistent look has been a challenge. I've also, probably belatedly learned how to give the dragon some emotion be it through the glance in panel one or pain in panel five.

It's good to see Murlynd again. It's fun to think in hindsight how he hung back for most of the chapter just being the light bearer or as my friends call it "the sherpa". In truth he might be the highest level character in this bunch. I wondered while drawing this page what spell he was casting. Surely it isn't magic missile but that's the obvious choice. These arrows of force seem to have more oomph behind them is all I can observe.

As always Tenser is overly brave and dramatic in using his unidentified wand. (do players even do that anymore?) Terik likewise throws caution to the wind just so he can get a lick in on the dragon. By my count so far, I think Yrag has done the least damage to the dragon. What will happen next? Check in soon to find out!

2 comments:

Mystic Scholar said...

Always good stuff from you two.

CJ Williams said...

Agreed. Keep it up and know you are appreciated!